Birthdays are fun! Time to recharge.....

I don´t think I´ve partied this much since college. I'm finally staying home to recover from all the antics. In fact, Armen is out tonight, again, because some of the guys from the Barbatuques are performing in a band but I just had to bow out. Gotta have boundaries! So I now have an opportunity to put down some thoughts. There hasn't been much time to blog with moving hotels, going out and staying out late, preparing for the tech show and music class, etc. Oh yeah, I signed up to give a few music classes to the students here.
My birthday dinner was a great time. We went to the Grill Hall, a Churrascaria, which is a Brazilian steakhouse where the waiters continuously go around with all kinds of barbequed meats on skewers, in rodizio style, until you tell them to stop. Well, you get a token or a sort of hourglass shaped wooden piece that has red on one side and green on the other, meaning stop and go obviously. Of course, the red doesn't seem to stop the waiters from offering you more. The first one I ever went to was in West Covina, CA, called Greenfields and this was very similar except the salad bar here in Brazil had traditional Brazilian items.

Our hotel has an arrangement with the restaurant to pick up guests at the hotel with a van, which they did so 10 of us piled in and went for a culinary excursion. It was delicious!

We then asked the driver if he would drive us to our favorite place in Sao Paulo for music and fun, Barnaldo Lucretia, instead of the hotel. He agreed and we partied for another few hours. It was especially cool because we danced, some learned to played the pandeiro, and some of my friends got up on stage and serenaded me. It was an amazing way to spend a birthday far from home. Here's a picture at Barnaldo's with some of my friends taking a break from learning how to Samba. That should come in handy when we head on to Rio on Monday!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Susan, its neat to hear about another slice of life. Im an old friend of Matthew Jessner and thats how I ran into your blog. Thank god for search engines! You give more detailed descriptions about life in the Cirque, than good ol MJ, so keep it up. All the best to the continued road show. Janis

Popular posts from this blog

New Years Resolutions!

"Let's go the band!"

My latest distraction...the poochie!