Allez, musiciens...et techniciens!

If you've been wondering where I've been and why I haven't been writing, it's this simple...the 69 Techno Show. That is the name of the Technicians Show, a parody of Saltimbanco, which we presented for the Saltimbanco artists. (69 is because Saltimbanco has performed in 69 cities.) Some of the acts are funny, some are serious and some are both. Some of the techs and crew learned how to do Chinese Poles, Russian Swing, Trapeze and Bungees. They were actually pretty good! For me, it was both fun and nerve-racking. I was the pink singer (the songbird) and it was really fun to step into Chantal and Francine's shoes for a little while. Elisa sang as well and we became good friends during this time. I sang parts of Adagio and Amazonia with Elisa and as a solo, I sang a Michel Colombier song, for the beginning of Bungees, which went over well and is really suited to my voice. Thanks Michel! You're with us in spirit...



Here are the kids with Elisa and me. They performed Adagio.





So, I achieved my goal of singing front of an audience again! I got to experience being on the Saltimbanco stage and feeling that energy of performing. It felt natural. Also, I learned how difficult it is to use in-ears especially for the singers and band when they work with people who don't know how to do the sound. Also, there are those who just don't get what it takes to put on a musical show and working with that can be hard for my perfectionist side. All in all, I had a great time and want to do it again.

I am going to definitely get back to singing and work on a CD at home. There's only one more week here so I may not post again until I come home. I've made some great friends and I'll miss them dearly but I know that I have many places in the world to visit in the future.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Susan..What an AWESOME experience. Did Armen or anyone else video your Saltimbanco premier? Looks like you all fit the parts quite well. Best of all to you on your next adventure.
Anonymous said…
Susan..what an AWESOME experience for you and everyone else. Did Armen or someone video your Salitmbanco premier? What a once in a lifetime experience to perform on the Saltimbanco stage. You all look like you fit right into the artists' roles. Best of luck to you and Armen in your future endeavors.
Anonymous said…
Hi Susan!


It's been so much fun reading about and following your adventures! I'm so glad to hear that you had a chance to do some performing. Can't wait to catch up! Hope you make it back east!
Love, Jackie
Susan said…
Hi Thanks.

I tried to write you back but your email wasn't working...

Popular posts from this blog

New Years Resolutions!

"Let's go the band!"

My latest distraction...the poochie!