I'm here!

So I finally arrived in Sao Paulo yesterday morning and have started my adventure with Cirque du Soleil and the Saltimbanco cast and crew! The flight was long and tiring but I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw the first signs of civilization. What started as beautiful rolling hills and a landscape of houses in suburbia quickly became a concrete jungle from the aerial view. It's not exactly a paradise but being back with my husband makes it worth it. I do have to say it was one the smoothest landings I've ever experienced. Thanks John Kennedy! (pilot for AA flight 995)

Shortly after I landed I realized that my bags didn't make it with me. Actually, I had a strange feeling about that the night before my flight. My husband said that the flights were overbooked by 20% and some Cirque families were having difficulties getting bumped from flights. I read some tips for travelers which said if you check-in very early you will be assured a seat on the plane but the downside is that you may have a problem with your luggage being misrouted. That seems to be what happened. I was a little concerned at first because the airport is so far from the hotel where Cirque is staying. But the baggage people assured me that my bags would be delivered to my hotel. They were delivered today.

more later.....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Paree Hasar? Not sure there is a greeting for this...I don't think armenians planned on a welcome wish remotely.

Glad you made it safely and that your baggage caught up to you.
Anonymous said…
ooremn?
Anonymous said…
Hello Susan and Armen,

I'm glad you made it safely and are enjoying the sights and sounds. Looking forward to reading more about your adventures with "the circus".

Teresa

Popular posts from this blog

New Years Resolutions!

"Let's go the band!"

My latest distraction...the poochie!